CHP Project Manager
Our client is a rapidly growing, award winning energy solutions provider that delivers Combined Heat and Power for a wide range of industrial and manufacturing clients.
You will take ownership of the simultaneous delivery of multiple CHP installation across the UK. You will be accountable for the project from design through to commissioning and handover.
Reporting to the Director of Operations and Delivery you be required to use your experience and judgement
in-order to manage:
* the Programme
* the Project Budget
* the risks and opportunities
in-order to deliver the projects on time and in-line with the expectations of the Client.
Through your technical understanding and experience of delivering process installation in the UK you will:
* safeguard compliance with Health and Safety and CDM regulations
* ensure that the plant is installed in-line with the technical specification and potential commissioning and operational issues are identified early
* develop and manage the commissioning process from practical completion to full output
* collate the Health and Safety File and Operation and Maintenance (O&M) documentation
* oversee the training of site personal and the Handover to Operations
You will have strong negotiation, communication/presentation and decisions making skills in-order to:
* Develop and manage subcontractors across the disciplines of civils, mechanical, electrical and controls;
* To liaise with the Client's personnel and keep the project sponsors updated formally on a regular basis; and
* To identify and resolve problems during the installation and commissioning process.
Skills and Characteristics:
* A self-starter
* Experience of managing the delivery of multidisciplinary projects from design to operation;
* Experience of managing contractors and consultants to achieve the desired results;
* Excellent planning and forecasting ability
* Demonstrable ability to leading in unstructured environments;
* Practical knowledge of commissioning
* Understanding of the CDM regulations; and
* Ability to travel across the UK
* Experience of energy projects, specifically Combined Heat and Power plants;
* Experience of delivering Engine, Procurement and Construction (EPC) contracts;
* Practical knowledge of design and/or designing for operation
* Location: Flexible. The work split will be approximately 1-2 days in London, with the rest of the time on sites throughout the UK.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.