Job title: Chemistry Technician
Starting date: ASAP
Duration: 3 months, Monday to Friday 37.50 hours per week
Location: Hampshire, RG27 8DH
Pay rate: £10 per hour
Our client is an expanding contract company that cater to pharmaceutical, biotechnology and diagnostics sectors and offer an array of services from purification, conjugation of proteins, through to immunoassay development.
They are looking for a Chemistry Technician for a three-month bioconjugation project.
The work will consist of chemical conjugation of fluorescent dyes to antibodies (small-scale bench chemistry in aqueous media), product purification by chromatography using GE AKTA systems, and product characterisation using spectroscopic techniques.
- Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or a Life Science related degree.
- Laboratory experience, preferably in a commercial, regulated environment.
- Knowledge of GMP environment (ISO9001, ISO13485) work carefully to well-defined procedures, and to record all experimental information accurately and clearly.
- The jobholder must be able to quickly and effectively follow technical instructions provided by their supervisor, and clearly communicate their own technical activities and observations.
- The jobholder must Ideally the jobholder would also have direct experience with bioconjugation, chromatography using AKTA systems and/or UV/visible spectrophotometry, but these are not essential attributes.
- The company is based in a rural not easily reached by public transport and the candidate should therefore be able to make their own way routinely to this destination.
*Although this would not apply directly in this project, the company's work involves the use of hazardous chemical and biological materials, and these positions would not be suitable for someone who would be uncomfortable in this environment, or with significant existing medical conditions such as asthma or allergies
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.