Cell & Gene Therapy Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Cork / Dublin - Remote
Kelly Services, working on behalf of our global business are keen to speak with Subject Matter Experts (SME) within Cell & Gene Therapy to work with the European market. Our client, a provider of Full Service Engineering working across a range of market sectors are specialists in Project & Programme Management and Design. Based in Ireland, you will be responsible for targeting projects based throughout Europe.
Reporting to the Managing Director of European Projects you will interface closely with the Operations Directors in each European location.
· Being the 'go to' expert for cell and gene therapy best in class engineering solutions and manufacturing strategies.
· Representing the company on industry peer organisations Special Interest Groups (SIG's).
· Support clients in the scale up and commercialisation of gene and cell therapy products.
· Presenting at industry conferences and publishing papers in business enhancing industry journals.
· Provide input to the company project proposals (bidding projects).
· Represent DPS as part of novel therapy facility proposal presentation team.
· Leading early phase process designs on cell and gene therapy projects.
· Support the design execution teams for Novel Therapeutics projects.
· Leading client workshops.
· Conduct peer reviews of facility process designs (internal and external).
· Assist with the development of internal design guidelines and training material related to Cell and Gene Therapy (Viral Vector) .
· Understand current state of the industry, current and future trends insight into equipment and automation solutions.
The successful candidate will be considered a thought leader in their area of expertise, being able to influence others in a collaborative manner to achieve the required outcomes.
8+ years' experience in biopharmaceutical development, technology, engineering or CMC with a substantial portion of that in the cell and gene therapy environment.
· A higher technical degree, major in Industrial, Process or Chemical Engineering, or a relevant scientific discipline.
· A minimum of 8 years' experience in the Biotech industry sector.
· A minimum of 3 years working specifically in the area of Cell Therapy or Gene Therapy (Viral Vector).
· Competent in the design of single-use technology systems.
· Design and/or operational experience of Cell and Gene Therapy/Viral Vector facilities.
The successful candidate will bring commitment and a positive attitude to everything they do and will be passionate about the success and growth of the Company, your business, and the team and have a high level of intellectual curiosity combined with strong strategic, analytical, and thinking skills.
Be able to grasp pertinent details, recognise subtleties, critically analyse divergent data, and successfully solve problems.
Have sound judgment with a blend of intelligence, common sense, and a knowledge and understanding of people. An individual who can successfully engender trust and loyalty, does the right thing, and can foster an environment of open communication.
* Good communication, presentation, negotiation, and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate well with all levels of stakeholders, both internally and externally.
* High level of self-initiative with a strong sense of urgency, accountability, resiliency, persistence and tenacity.
* Adaptable with the ability to successfully deal with and sort through ambiguity. Ability to drive and manage change with a positive approach.
* Be passionate and focused, but still have fun and deliver results.
* Strong impacting and influencing skills.
* Demonstrates ethics, integrity and trust while acting with courage and candour.
* Someone who asks questions and reaches conclusions based on facts and objectivity.
With an excellent compensation package on offer which includes a competitive base salary, performance-driven bonus and benefits plan.
We are ideally seeking an individual based in Ireland within a commutable distance to Cork/Dublin however as this the position covers Europe, we will also accept applicants based in Belgium (Mechelen/Overijse) or the Netherlands (Leiden)
If you have the skills and attributes needed to succeed in this position, please send a CV along with covering letter outlining your suitability.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.