We are actively recruiting for a CDM Specialist for our clients upcoming UK offshore wind projects. This role will entail developing, implementing and advising our client on CDM requirements for onshore and offshore activities ensuring they meet statutory obligations and H&S ambitions throughout the project by implementing good practices to achieve high standards of Health and Safety management.
- Support the project in achieving compliance with the relevant health & safety frameworks and our clients HSE ambition of zero incidents;
- Highly knowledgeable and experienced in the successful application and management of CDM in a multi-disciplinary project environment (Client, Designer and Principal Designer & Principal Contractor duties.)
- Experience of applying CDM Regulations 2015 in complex major infrastructure projects (offshore wind experience would be ideal but not essential)
- Identifying, obtaining and collating existing pre-construction information into records
- Promote and contribute to effective Design Risk Management
- Assist the project teams formulate design briefs
- Review and comment on designers' hazard & risk information / support the project with management of the hazard register and collation residual risk provided by outsourced designers. Establishing a record of principles and decision taken in relation to health and safety in feasibility studies
- Ensuring that designers have established safe methods for construction of unusual or complex designs and making this information available.
- Execute the CDM strategy for the project and be a focal point of contact on CDM matters.
- Assist in developing and implementing a CDM assurance program in conjunction with Project H&S Team
- Reviewing implications of procurement methods in respect of CDM regulations
- Carrying out design reviews and facilitation of Hazard Identification, Hazard Review and other design focused Workshops with team members.
- Provide guidance and Management on issues involving CDM and general construction activities as well as other regulatory requirements
- Preparation and coordination of the Health and Safety File
- Monitoring and supporting the safe execution of works within the offshore site;
- Monitoring and supporting on H&S during installation activities;
- Carry out Safety Inspections and Safety Meetings;
- Monitor and report on relevant issues related to Health, Safety and CDM.
- Implement Lessons Learned, Safety alerts and other H&S code of practices within your area of control;
This position will require offshore visits.
- Preferably degree qualified within Health and Safety with a minimum of 5 years relevant CDM work experience;
- Experience of safety management systems and H&S auditing/ CDM monitoring;
- Full and detailed understanding of applicable H&S related construction and design legislation;
- Experience managing contractors as client and/or principal designer / contractor;
- Experience with Client / Contractor relationships & management;
- Full GWO certification will be required
- Strong command of English both verbally and written.
- A certified member of APS, or working towards (desirable)
- A chartered member of IOSH, or working towards (desirable)
- Must be proficient with MS software packages
- Proactive with good organisational capability
We are looking for a communicative individual who is able to focus on both people and business and has demonstrable experience in managing and coordinating CDM implementation within projects in change and challenging environments.
For more information on this excellent contract opportunity please contact the recruitment team on 0191 2610919 or apply online & we will be in touch
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.