Our Client are a leading electronic manufacturing business. The company currently require a talented Calibration Service Engineer to join the business.
Purpose of the Role:
In this role you will predominately cover the UK and provide a safe, proactive, flexible and comprehensive calibration and engineering service, to support our clients in maintaining instrumentation equipment and systems across temperature, electrical and pressure.
This job is home based, ideally located in Stansted. The role involves frequent travel, overnight stays and working overtime.
- Install, configure, commission, calibrate and repair on-site instrumentation.
- Calibration, verification and troubleshooting of recorders and instruments which monitor level, flow, pressure, temperature to UKAS and AMS 2750E standards.
- Liaise with the internal office and with other staff.
- Liaise with customers prior to executing the job to ensure full understanding of the nature of the job when required.
- Liaise with customers to advise estimated time of arrival and of any delays which may be anticipated
- Adhere to site safety rules, permit to work systems and carry out risk assessments and method statement.
- Comply with industry codes of practice and company Quality Management System.
- Ensure all forms and certificates are accurate and produced on time.
- Qualified to ONC/HNC level preferably in electrical/instrumentation/system/control discipline or served a relevant apprenticeship
- Due to our clients requirements, Polish language skills would be highly advantageous.
- Knowledge of UKAS BS/EN/ISO 17025 and AMS 2750E.
- Problem solving and diagnostic skills.
- Experience with calibration of temperature/pressure instrumentation including Temperature Uniformity Surveys.
- Highly self-motivated and have the ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- A flexible approach to working activities.
- Excellent Communication skills, both verbally and written.
- The ability to develop good working relationships with customers.
- Good organisational skills, excellent punctuality and timekeeping.
- Proven experience in a field service / on-site role.
- IT Literate
Furthermore, you will:
- Be willing to travel and spend nights away from home.
- Be willing to work overtime when required, incl. weekends.
- Possess a full UK driving licence.
- Up to £28,000 plus car, bonus and a comprehensive benefits package
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.