We have an immediate contract requirement for a Cable Project Engineer to work for our prestigious renewable energy client on their offshore wind project. The role is expected to last at least 6 months & although initially working remotely will be based from their office in London.
Based within the Electrical Infrastructure & SCADA department of our client's Engineering department, the Cable Project Engineer will report to the relevant Package or Cable Manufacturing Managers and provide expertise on cable and cable accessories design and manufacture and have a good understanding of installation and commissioning activities for offshore wind projects.
* Contribute to ensuring projects maintain high levels of health and safety performance.
* Contribute to cable package and support Package Manager with technical know-how on cable system design and manufacturing (including cable accessories).
* Support in compliance with the project budget; address changes to Package Manager. Monitoring of time schedule and progress of suppliers.
* Contribute to the identification and management of risks, opportunities and mitigation plans.
* Contribute to the continual improvement of Employer's Requirements.
* Lead technical evaluations for the compliance of suppliers designs fit against Employer's Requirements.
* Technical review of reports, design and system studies supplied by Contractors and third parties (e.g. Cable and Accessories Design and Analysis Reports, Cable optimisation, Fault studies etc.)
* Coordination of cable product quality assurance and quality control throughout the HV cable supply chain.
* Interface with other packages and plant suppliers to ensure consistency and satisfactory performance of works.
* Administrative tasks within cable package e.g. Document management, planning of progress meetings, taking minutes, etc.
Ensure compliance of requirements of Asset Management and O+M with the cable package.
* Liaise with the line organization, share knowledge and information, assist in monitoring and trouble shooting and facilitate resource management.
Qualifications & experience:
* B.Sc or M.Sc in Electrical engineering
* Several years experience with high voltage on- and offshore cables
* Preferably experience within the subsea cable manufacturing industry * Experience with project management (IPMA Level D/C /PMA/Prince 2 or similar), technical negotiations and contract awareness (FIDIC)
* Experience with wind farms on- and offshore
* Both practical and theoretical experience
* Willingness to travel and offshore work.
* High degree of self-motivation with a flexible approach to work.
* Enjoys working in diverse teams within Projects and Line department
For more information on this excellent contract opportunity with our prestigious client please contact the recuitmrnt team on 0191 2610919 or apply online
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.