We have an immediate requirement for a Buyer for our prestigious renewable energy client. This role will initially be based from home but will at some stage involve travel to our client's head office in London. Although the vacancy is a temporary position it will be for at least 12 months & there is a possibility it could go permanent
Duties & Qualifications
- Negotiate and execute procurement activity as directed by the Procurement Manager
- Be responsible for the full "end-to-end" procurement process in accordance with the procurement procedure.
- Liaise with key business stakeholders
- Report on key activities to the Business Management Team
- Agreements to include:
- Consultancy contracts (services agreements & framework call offs) for design, technical & engineering support
- Secondment agreements for temporary engineering support
- Supply agreements
- Support project teams with inputs for financial modelling and schedule planning regarding procurement activities.
- Ensure that all procurement activity follows a competitive tendering process, which is fully auditable.
- Due Diligence examination of existing and proposed suppliers.
- Execute negotiation, supplier selection and determine PO terms and conditions
- Be an active builder of a network of supply chain contacts for the business to ensure best delivery resilience options, responsiveness and agility to react in terms of equipment and services are available.
- Being a 'good client' to our clients suppliers, managing their needs and expectations
- Set up long term supplier agreements and relationships based on projected needs.
- Relevant BA degree (Business, Economics, Supply Chain Management) or Engineering degree, or equivalent demonstrated experience
- Ability to own procurement function work processes
- Thorough knowledge of procurement and supply chain success factors, best practices and demonstrated experience of adapting and applying them successfully.
- Strong communicator, collaborative work approach, proficiency at influencing without authority across functions.
- Strong relationship building skills, especially building relationships remotely
- Comfort working in a fast paced, often ambiguous, start up environment requiring flexibility and pragmatism
- Experience of industrial/engineering type operations.
- Procurement Qualifications, such as CIPS or hands on experience, and self-development from that experience
- Demonstrable business and commercial acumen.
- Structured, detailed and organised approach.
- Natural preference for driving efficiency, minimal bureaucracy, and confidence of how to achieve high performance in that context
- Familiarity with SAP environment
For more information on this excellent contract position please contact the recruitment team or apply online
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.