The Business Development Manager - Renewables, will champion the sales, business development, and growth of Sub-sea Mooring products and services with a focus on fixed, floating, wave & tidal, and other markets as agreed. This position will work closely with the Sub-sea Offshore Wind Market to deliver our medium and long-term business plan for growth. They will provide input into the future Work to Win targets for the annual budgeting process and identify future renewable sector market drivers and intelligence to enable the development of the group's product & service capability. This can be a remote position and will require multiple European / International languages.
Key Responsibilities: (Key Tasks):
- Source and lead specific opportunities to ensure that the Company's medium profit and growth targets are met
- Act as an Account Manager for existing clients, ensuring all requirements and expectations are communicated within the organisation
- Identify and develop relationships with target customers in alignment with strategic sales goals
- Fixed Offshore Wind & Global Floating Offshore Wind sector sales activities
- Participate in sales activities such as client visits and calls, client presentations, attendance at trade shows, conferences, attendance at client sites, client negotiations, client hospitality as agreed by the line management
- Provide support to the group tendering & proposals activities by identifying and securing RFI, pre-qualifications, and ITT opportunities, calling bid no bid meetings to determine organisational buy in to proceed, entering and maintaining records, taking a lead role in delivering content into the documents, taking a lead role in suggesting 'win' strategies, provide general support to the Tendering and Proposals Managers
- Work closely with the marketing team to ensure the Company's brand guidelines are adhered to during renewables sector sales activities
- Recognise and report potential geographical and capability gaps as well as potential merger & acquisition targets
- Identify the need for any new sales literature and ensure that any existing sales literature reflects the current Company capabilities and renewables sector market expectations
- Identify the need for any sales attendance at renewables sector events, trade shows, industry networking events
- Degree qualified in either a business or engineering related subject, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Have in-depth knowledge of business products and related value propositions
- Proven track record in multi-million contract negotiations
- Leadership, motivational and creative.
- Organisational Skills.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- English fluency essential
- French and additional International language very sought after.
- Good interpersonal skills, able to communicate effectively with staff on different levels of seniority.
- Highly motivated
- Organised, efficient, creative and capable of implementing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to maintain strategic goals and objectives
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in Sales or Business Development in the Offshore Renewables or Oil and Gas Industry
- Established contacts with decision-makers from the utility/renewable energy industry
- Candidate must have experience solution selling and be comfortable with C-Suite conversations/relationships
- English, Spanish and other international languages (Portuguese, Chinese etc)
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.