Our client is an exciting new business entering the UK High Voltage Private Networks markets. They have an immediate contract opportunity for a target driven individual to join this fast growing business team. The Business Development Manager will be responsible for building a leading market position by identifying, developing, defining, negotiating including key account management for the High Voltage Private Networks business area. This will include, but not limited to; developers, ICPs, manufacturing, universities, hospitals, retail parks, hotels and other major energy users.
The purpose of this role will be to build a leading market position by locating, developing and promote innovative energy solutions to new and existing clients to optimise, integrate, and aggregate their existing and new energy infrastructure. Our solutions include all aspects of electrical infrastructure with a strong focus on new and emerging technologies including Photo Voltaic, Battery Storage, Electric Vehicle infrastructure, Virtual Power Plants (VPP), Demand Side Management, plus Distributed Generation including renewables, operation and maintenance, capital projects and asset financing.
As Business Development Manager , this role will be responsible for all aspects of key account management including developing the Segment analysis, creating the sales pipeline and leading client engagement from presales, bidding, through to successful close and hand over to the operations team. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for delivering a leading market position and acquiring sales growth through new clients
- Identifying client and market trends by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and project activity.
- Accountable for client solutions and delivery plans in an early stage and maintaining the client relationship.
- Actively pursue approved opportunities from prospect to close, manage both external and internal activities necessary to implement opportunity.
- Screen potential deals by: strategy, fit, deal requirements, potential and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending investments.
- Lead in the development of a comprehensive segment analysis and implement the action plan to focus on target markets and sales channels to develop and deliver growth.
- Develop negotiation strategies and position by studying fit of deal with company strategy and operations; examining risks and rewards; understanding client/partners' needs and goals.
- Lead governance process, negotiations and close of sales.
- Develop partnerships with strategic market players.
- Work jointly with the commercial team to develop market pricing and terms and conditions clarification during the proposal development.
- Conduct detailed won/loss analysis for all prospects to improve competitive knowledge base, and routinely publish the data to the Managing Director.
- Develop and maintain a detailed sales pipeline for all channels to market.
- Work closely with the Central Business Development Manager to conduct and document ongoing market analysis to ensure that the Commercial and Industrial team's focus and strategy are in the right area, and that appropriate resources exist to be successful in target markets.
- Lead the marketing and advertising of client services across the Commercial and Industrial Segment.
- Closing new business deals by co-ordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with construction and operations.
Ideal candidates will have a degree in electrical, electronic, general engineering or equivalent & will be a Chartered professional or working towards Chartership. It would be desirable for applicants to have:-
- Master's in Business Administration or equivalent Commercial Qualification
· Project Management qualification
· Sales qualification and or formal sales training / experience would be beneficial
· High Voltage distribution market knowledge preferable
· Commercial awareness and ability to evaluate deals
· Sales planning and target setting
· Presentation and negotiating skills
· In depth understanding of sales principles and customer service practices
· Hands on experience with CRM systems
Please note that this role can be deemed outside of scope should the relevant criteria be attained.
For more information on this excellent contract opportunity please contact the recruitment team
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.