We have an immediate contract opportunity for a motivated and enthusiastic Business Developer within our clients IDNO business in the UK. You will be a part of the new UK country team and you will report directly to our client's UK Managing Director.
As Business Developer you will be responsible for:
- Searching for new opportunities and creating your own pipeline of projects
- Key account management of clients across a number of sectors
- Completing other presales activities such as market and client research, cold calling and lead development
- Progressing opportunities from bidding, through to successful close and hand over to the operations team
- Producing initial financial offering to clients.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Responsible for acquiring sales growth through new clients in accordance with our client's strategy for IDNOs;
- Identifying client and market trends by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and project activity;
- Account management of key client relationships;
- Work with the Marketing team to develop and adapt sales collateral for smart technologies to explain our client's value proposition;
- Using financial models to produce indicative non-binding offer;
- Write tender responses and proposals for customers;
Your profile as Business Developer IDNO Distribution UK
Candidates must be comfortable working autonomously and be willing to cover other colleagues' responsibilities and tasks when required to do so. Candidates should have an enquiring mind, have an entrepreneurial flair and be willing to jump into unexpected tasks and activities when they arise.
- Demonstrable experience in developing sales pipelines with new customers from scratch;
- Demonstrable experience in the energy sector (for example generation, transmission, distribution, supply, manufacturers etc);
- Demonstrable experience in writing winning tenders and proposals;
- Ability to undertake pre-sales activity including development of high-level business case / cost benefit analysis for new opportunities;
- Undergraduate or postgraduate degree in electrical, electronic, general engineering or equivalent;
- Demonstrable experience in the Housing, Commercial and Industrial segments;
- Experience/Knowledge of the distribution connections process;
- Knowledge of new technologies, Battery Storage, PV's, EV's;
- Experience researching markets and clients to drive informed business development;
- Ability to work across divisions and with sales, solution architects and operational staff to deliver complete solutions, products and services.
The position is based in the UK. The job require travel away from the base location at least 2/3 days a week.
This is a unique opportunity to set up a new organization within a challenging and international work environment. You will be working with one of the largest producers and suppliers of electricity and heat in Europe, in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer flexibility, respect for work life balance and the opportunity for working in a small, dedicated team with a true international outlook.
For more information on this excellent contract opportunity please contact the recruitment team
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.