We have an immediate contract opportunity for a motivated and enthusiastic Business Developer within our clients new Heavy Transport Distribution business in the UK. As part of the team you will look to provide solutions to clients to decarbonise their operations via electrification, use of hybrid technologies and alternative fuels.
As a Business Developer you will be responsible for:
- Key account management of clients across a number of sectors related to the following market segments:
- Maritime Transport (incl. Ports and Vessels)
- Heavy Road Transport
· Develop your own sales pipeline on the above market segments
· Assisting other members of the team in developing new sales pipeline
· Completing presales activities such as market and client research, cold calling and lead development
· Progressing opportunities from bidding, through to successful close and hand over to the operations team
· Use financial models to calculate commercial offering to clients
- Writing bid responses documentation to clients
- Work with the Marketing team to develop and adapt sales collateral for smart technologies to explain our client's value proposition.
- Identifying client and market trends by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and project activity;
Your profile as Business Developer for Heavy Transport
Candidates must be comfortable working autonomously and be willing to cover other colleagues' responsibilities and tasks when required to do so. Candidates should have an enquiring mind, have entrepreneurial flair and be willing to jump into unexpected tasks and activities when they arise.
- Undergraduate or postgraduate degree in electrical, electronic, general engineering or equivalent including apprenticeships and other routes to engineering and science;
- Demonstrable experience in any of the Heavy Transport segments as detailed above;
- Business development experience is essential;
- Knowledge of new technologies for decarbonisation of transport including Battery Storage, PV's, EV's;
- Experience researching markets and clients to drive informed business development;
- Ability to undertake pre-sales activity including development of high-level business case / cost benefit analysis for new opportunities;
- Ability to work across divisions and with sales, solution architects and operational staff to deliver complete solutions, products and services.
The position is based in London. The job require travel away from the base location at least 2/3 days a week.
For more information on this excellent opportunity please contact the recruitment team
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.