Associate Director of Toxicology
Kelly Services are delighted to Partner with one of the worlds biggest names in Life Sciences and are delighted to be recruiting for an Associate Director of Toxicology to work at our client's site in Edinburgh.
As part of the Contract Research division, the successful candidate will be responsible for heading up a growing team of Scientists, Lab Techs & Analysts, with a main focus on Regulatory Safety Pharmacology you will be running preclinical safety pharmacology studies in rodents, dogs, minipigs, rabbits and nonhuman primates to assist clients develop safe and effective medicines.
Key responsibilities include,
· Guiding the team and working to Good laboratory Practice (GLP)
· Managing the day to day activities of your team ensuring deadlines are met
· Ensuring all data is collected to company and customer standards
· Liaising with both internal and external stakeholders globally
· Implementing the 3 R's initiative within the experimental programme
· You will be expert and qualified within Pharmacology, candidates with a track record of working with Cardiovascular and Respiratory studies would be advantageous but not essential.
· Experienced of working in the field of Pharmacology with a true understanding of the nature of the industry.
· Boast past experience of contract research
· Will have a proven track record of managing a group
· Past experience of Senior level management not essential
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing team within one of the most recognised names within Life Sciences. We would welcome applications from candidates ready to make the leap in to a senior position and would consider Lead/Senior Scientists with a strong background of pharmacology contract research experience.
Our client are offering an excellent salary structure and will be negotiated depending on experience as well as other benefits including company bonus, above standard pension and health care.
If you are interested in this position, please apply or contact the Kelly Life Sciences team on 0191 249 8089 for more information.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.