Associate Director of Business Development
Kelly Services are currently representing a Global Scientific Business in their pursuit of an Associate Director of Business Development to cover the UK, Nordic and Russia territories. This is a remote working position and can be based anywhere within the UK. You will be required to travel between countries to generate new business for the company.
We are ideally keen to speak with individuals with a background in Oncology, Immunology Autoimmunology or Neurology.
Reporting to the European Head of BD, you will be responsible for the development, implementation, and execution of tailored sales strategies to leverage the company's business opportunities in the area of translational science, specifically Oncology and Inflammation.
This position will be based in the UK, covering key focus points of the UK and North & Easrern Europe.
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans to achieve business goals in the assigned market
- Execute a successful sales conversion strategy that increases market share for competitive product and service offerings at key commercial and academic accounts.
- Identify and analyse business opportunities, and formulate plans to capture the opportunity
- Responsible for building and managing a strong, sustainable pipeline, accurate forecasting, and achieving set sales targets
- Contact prospective customer/partner companies to further explore business opportunities and manage negotiations
- Actively seek, analyse and communicate market trends, intelligence and competitor information to management. Work with BUMs, Marketing and Sales to respond rapidly to changing markets and strategise new approaches for improving revenue performance.
- Develop and maintain key business relationships across a broad sphere of influence, both internally and externally
- Participate in conferences and networking events, and organise targeted seminars and promotional events within the territory
- Proactively manage sales administration process and maintain accuracy of client relationship management database
- Play a key role in company's established European Business Development team
The ideal person:
Given the speciality of this position, we are ideally looking for a true SME in the field, with a Degree in pharmacology or biological sciences; PhD strongly preferred.
The successful candidate will have
- Background in oncology and in vivo pharmacology
- Relevant industry experience (within pharma, biotech, CRO) is preferred
- Experience selling in vivo contract services to pharma and biotech
- Minimum 5 years' experience in business development or client-facing roles
- Well-developed selling skills to build strong, trusting customer relationships
- Strong negotiation skills and experience
- Troubleshooting / problem-solving skills
- Strong organisational skills
- The ability to network, create effective strategies and develop sustainable long-term plans within a territory
- Highly self-motivated, and able to thrive under pressure
- Honesty and integrity
- The ability to listen to customers, understand their needs, and diligently translate this back to colleagues in order to create customised proposals
- Flexibility to spend 40%+ of sales time travelling (post-pandemic)
Our client are offering an excellent compensation package which includes salary, market leading bonus scheme, company car/allowance.
If this is a role you feel you would be suited for, please apply or contact Kelly Services Life Sciences team for more information.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.