RCG is a specialized expert services firm, focused solely on the global renewable energy industry. We deliver integrated market intelligence, management consulting, and technical advisory for both mainstream and emerging energy technologies. Our professionals come from a wide range of industry and consulting backgrounds, providing us with unique perspective of our client's business, and a fresh approach to navigating the complex challenges they face. We serve our clients across Europe, the Americas, and Asia-Pacific region.
Following the 2011 Fukushima nuclear incident, Japan is heavily focussed on denuclearising the energy generation mix and increasing the amount of renewable energy generation. In order to achieve the 1.7% from onshore and offshore wind, a total of 10 GW of offshore wind is estimated to be required, with likelihood of an additional 27 GW thereafter until 2050. Though the political roadmap has to date not been well-defined, the approval of the Marine Renewable Energy Bill in 2018 provides a clearer government process.
Including demonstration sites, there are currently 31 (publicly known) sites of which 8 are operational and 15 are in development (EIA process). There are two different frameworks depending on the location of the project. The Ports and Harbours framework and the General Common Sea Areas Framework, both of which use a different approach to leasing and have different revenue opportunities with projects located in the General Common Sea Areas not receiving Feed-in-Tariffs under the new law.
There are a high number of developers involved in projects, the majority of which are Japanese and a small handful of European developers, with varying capabilities and experience. The local supply chain is growing and has a lot of potential with large electronics and manufacturing companies, and the heavy use of Universities, but is still currently limited. Many European supply chain actors are actively seeking to support the Japanese market.
Roles and responsibilities:
Key responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare and deliver reports, presentations, and other documents for client deliverables.
- Enhance revenue opportunities for RCG's technical advisory and construction practice within the global on- and offshore wind sector, as well as other emerging energy technologies where appropriate.
- Work with leadership to develop and expand long-term client relationships that will lead to repeat business.
- Build relationships and engage in activity designed to generate qualified leads, which will then be worked on in unison with Regional Business Leaders, Practice and/or Service Line Leads
- Manage all aspects of successful client engagement, including continual improvement and excellence in customer service.
- Actively team with colleagues in other offices, regions, and practices to identify and pursue opportunities.
- Ability to manage, and maintain client relationships in the renewable energy market
- Excellent business development and client service experience.
- Ability to build major accounts from a small base of business
- Vision that reflects the changing marketplace and ways to create competitive advantage and "blue-ocean" strategy opportunities for the company.
- High level of personal credibility and work ethic with staff and consistently demonstrating sound judgement.
- A desire for business development and improving client service experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, renewable energy technology, general management, business administration or related discipline.
- Minimum ten years of experience in the renewable energy business (advisory, R&D, project development, engineering and construction, etc.).
- Relevant professional and/or industry certifications
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Demonstrated thought leadership through industry publications and forums.
- High proficiency with standard industry software tools (e.g., Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office suite).
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Ability to communicate frequently with clients and co-workers and share information effectively.
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills - both quantitative and qualitative.
- Flexibility and responsiveness in managing multiple projects, sometimes pressured conditions, simultaneously.
- Self-motivated with an ability to work independently.
- Proficient at planning, directing, and coordinating the work activity of others.
- Frequent travel by airplane, train, or car as necessary to perform work at other locations.
All applications will be assessed based on qualification and experience which will determine the appropriate level of Principal or Associate Director.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.