We have an immediate contract requirement for an Assistant Site Manager/ Vehicle Marshall / Signaller to support our client's team at one of their large Solar PV Farms near Bath. Our client requires someone who can start immediately & work through until Christmas/end December possible to mid-January depending on possible delays due to the weather conditions. The qualified person would be reporting to the Site Manager and would need to have Banksman qualifications.
You will be responsible for the following:-
* Co-ordination, control and to supervise all operators on site
* Maintaining the proper observation of the requirements of the regulations or order given in the interests of health and safety
* Accepting and accurate checking of deliveries
* Accountability for stock control and re-order of site consumable items
* Deputise for site manager in their absence
* Liaison with suppliers and neighbouring land owners
* Ensure compliance with the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 for the duration of the works.
* Carryout site inductions and ensuring everyone is inducted prior to starting work.
* Ensure that all subcontractors safe systems of work are reviewed and implemented.
* Ensure on site quality inspections and checks are carried out as per the project Inspection and Test Plan.
* Dealing directly with the Client and other third parties that arrive on site.
* Assist the Site Manager regarding specific access/land/welfare requirements.
* Ensure that plant, tools and equipment being used on are certificated, maintained and safe prior to accessing site.
* Carry out regular safety and quality audits on all subcontractors, suppliers and operatives accessing site.
Ideal candidates will:
* Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Project and Office packages.
* Hold a current SSMSTS qualification.
* Hold appropriate Vehicle Marshall/Signaller qualification.
* Have a high level of Health & Safety Awareness.
* Hold a current First Aid Certificate.
* Have strong Communication Skills.
* Have experience in low and high voltage electrical projects/works.
* Be IT literate with good contract administration skills.
* Be able to demonstrate an ability to control and manage sub-contractors.
* Be capable of programming works.
* Be technically and digitally inclined.
* Have a valid right to work in the UK.
For more information please contact the recruitment team on 0191 2610919 or apply online & we will respond to you as quickly as possible
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.