Assistant Management Accountant
Remote/ Cheltenham (flexible working as required)
£28,000- £30,000 / study support/ plus bonus
An exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing Cheltenham-based fintech business. Continued growth has led to the creation of this latest position, requiring a bright bookkeeper to join the team.
The business offers good flexibility to work from home when needed and progression opportunities in the longer term. Given their rapid growth, we'd like someone who comes from an equally fast-paced environment or has the appetite to thrive in one.
Day to day duties will involve:
- Inputting & processing invoices / data - including Accounts payable, Accounts receivable, creation of payment runs, allocation of cash receipts & payments
- Data validation
- Assisting with month end processes
- Statement reconciliation
- Dealing with client queries
- Updating client accounts
- Assisting in financial analysis as requested
- Supporting the client director regarding the management of all client relationships
- Maintenance of client general ledgers including balance sheet reconciliations, journal preparation and postings
- Maintaining accounting schedules, such as prepayments, accruals and provisions
- Supporting month end duties, including assisting in the preparation of monthly management accounts for clients
- Identifying process improvements and implementing recommendations agreed with the client and line manager of the position
- Working collaboratively with the wider company team
The ideal candidate for the role will be:
- AAT level 4 qualified or equivalent
- 4 years experience working in an Accounts role or equivalent
- Knowledge of accounting processes
- Accounting data entry skills with an ability to identify numerical errors
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience with Accounting Software e.g. Xero, Sage
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to respond quickly and effectively to client needs
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to respond quickly and adapt to changing client needs
- Passionate about working in a fast-paced start up environment
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.