£30,000 - £32,500 plus benefits
25 days holiday + bank holidays
Great opportunity to work for a for a Fortune 1000 listed company. An organisation offering progress, development and growth for its employees.
The newly appointed Assistant Accountant will handle day-to-day accounting processes, balance sheet reconciliations, VAT returns and play an integral part in month-end closing for our UK & Ireland entities. This is an opportunity to join a dynamic finance team in a varied and challenging role.
- Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations including intercompany reconciliations, AR & AP reconciliations, accruals and prepayments;
- Daily Banking & bank reconciliations
- Cash flow analysis and forecast
- Posting of journal entries into the General Ledger;
- Responsible for the preparation and submission of Quarterly VAT Returns;
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of accounting records and compliance with accounting policies;
- Support accounting related projects e.g. finance process & systems improvements; Standard day to day Financial accounts ad-hoc requirements & colleague cover for absences
- Liaise with internal and external auditors in fulfilling specific compliance requirements for the statutory and regulatory reporting;
- Work with U.S. Corporate Finance to provide accurate monthly/quarterly/annual financial information, adhering to all required deadlines.
Required Experience & Skills
- Part-Qualified or Qualified - CIMA/ACA/ACCA/AAT
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel;
- Strong account reconciliation experience;
- Experience of VAT calculations & submissions
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Initiative, proactivity, enquiring approach, resourcefulness;
- Adaptability, ability to embrace and respond positively to change;
- Analytical and investigative skills, logical reasoning and problem solving skills - individually and collaboratively;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to quickly learn and work with new processes & systems;
- Integrity and assertiveness when dealing with complex / business critical issues;
- Able to maintain quality work whilst meeting strict deadlines;
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.