We have an immediate vacancy for an Area Supervisor to work for our prestigious renewable energy client who offer comprehensive operations and maintenance services to solar energy plants and wind plants across the UK and Ireland.
Due to an increase in business demands, they are expanding their team in the Thetford, Bury St Edmunds, Peterborough area and are currently looking for an Area Supervisor to cover their solar assets.
- Understanding the company's detailed obligations in respect of any ongoing or ad hoc works on sites in the area. Ensure, monitor and audit compliance with those obligations.
- Take area-wide responsibility for plant performance, work quality and site appearance (both electrical, landscaping, and other) across sites within the area.
- Be aware of HSE issues on the sites and propose and discuss necessary measures to improve HSE with the HSE Manager and/or the Regional Manager. Take lead responsibility in implementing such measures. Coach/ guide Lead Technicians and Site Technicians within the area on staying safe and compliance with HSE in their ongoing work.
- Update team calendar and provide well-considered input on medium term and immediate term work scheduling within the area.
- Support and assist area teams in performing scheduled maintenance and corrective maintenance works (including HV maintenance) for solar plants to ensure the successful ongoing operation of the plants within the area.
- Coordinate with the area teams and support any safety walks and day-to-day Lead or Site Technician guidance. Assist their area teams in resolving tickets and feeding back any required information to the Project Manager and/or the Regional Manager
- Ensure that all reporting (by the Area Supervisor, and such reporting as is the responsibility of Lead and Site Technicians within the area) are submitted in a professional, complete and timely manner.
- Together with Project Manager , take joint lead on onboarding of new sites, including leading site due diligence and on-boarding visits, filling in reports and/or forms, and creating onboarding documentation (isolation schedules, etc.).
- Meet third parties (e.g. customers/TAs) onsite on an ad hoc basis and liaise with such third parties where so directed by the Regional Manager or other seniors.
- Be aware of spare parts/ inventory matters on the sites and ensure that spare parts stock records are always up to date (levels, serial numbers, etc.) and reported in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all members of their teams have the correct PPE, equipment, vehicles and training which is necessary to carry out all assigned duties.
- Support in the recruitment of new field staff in coordination with the Regional Manager.
- Assist Project Managers and Procurement Manager with quoting for works.
- Supporting operational responsibility (supporting the Regional Manager) for ensuring and improving profit margins on the field operations within the area.
- Carry out new joiner inductions and be responsible for successful onboarding and coaching of new field staff within the area.
- Take part in the company's on-call rota for non-working hours (including bank holidays and weekend).
Essential skills & experience:
- IEE 17th Edition
- At least 3 years' experience working on utility scale solar farms in an O&M role
- Provide evidence via personal switching logbook
- Computer literate
- Can work under own initiative
- Team Player
- Attention to detail
- HV qualifications AP15 or OP40 or equivalent
- Full UK Driving Licence
- IOSH or NEBOSH
- Key inverter manufacturer trained, for example, SMA, ABB, Power Electronics and Schneider
- Qualifications or training in specific PV inverter technologies
Alongside a competitive salary our client offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Assurance Cover
- Company Pension Scheme
- Annual Team Away Days
- Flexible Working Environment
- Yearly Discretionary Performance Bonus Scheme
- Cycle 2 Work Scheme
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.