Due to our client's continued growth, they are expanding their team and are currently recruiting for an Area Manager to cover their extensive solar farm portfolio in the South East of England:
The Area Manager is responsible for their assigned area in terms of staffing, equipment and training which is required to carry out all services necessary for a full operation of the assigned PV plants. They oversee the performance of the teams in their area and leads by example. Furthermore, the Area Manager is responsible for the fulfilment of the company's contractual obligations regarding the technical operation of the PV plants and supports their teams in all works which are required to meet those obligations
- With the support of the PV Senior/Technical Operations Manager, the Area Manager will be responsible for the daily operational and HR line management of the site-based technical staff including annual appraisals, all disciplinary and absence-based protocols for the field technicians within the area.
- Support the Senior/Technical Operations Manager and the other Project Managers in ensuring that the field team work to the company values
- To deliver effective HSE leadership at all times in order to enhance the organisation's commitment to safety performance. To ensure that high standards in Health, Safety, Environment and Quality, together with reliability are maintained in all the actions of the technical on-site team in carrying out its work.
- Be aware of HSE issues on the sites and propose and discuss necessary measures to improve HSE with the HSE Manager and/or the Senior/Technical Operations Manager. Take lead responsibility in implementing such measures. Coach/ guide Lead Technicians and Junior/Site Technicians within the area on staying safe and compliance with HSE in their ongoing work.
- Supporting SHEQ and Senior/Technical Operations Manager in carrying out investigations into any Hazardous Observations/Near Misses or Incidents that occur on any of the projects within the region, Including the reporting of findings and monitoring of corrective actions.
- Support the O&M Coordinator in compiling the annual PPM schedule.
- Understand the company's detailed obligations in respect of any ongoing or ad hoc works on sites in the area. Ensure, monitor and audit compliance with those obligations.
- Take area-wide responsibility for plant performance, work quality and site appearance (both electrical, landscaping, and other) across sites within the area.
- Support the O&M Coordinator to update and schedule the works using FRM and provide well-considered input on medium term and immediate term work scheduling within the area.
- Support and assist area teams in performing scheduled maintenance and corrective maintenance works (including HV maintenance) for solar plants to ensure the successful ongoing operation of the plants within the area.
- Coordinate with the area teams and support any safety walks and day-to-day Lead or Junior/Site Technician guidance. Assist their area teams in resolving tickets and feeding back any required information to the Project Manager and/or the Senior Technical/Technical Operations Manager.
- Ensure that all reporting (by the Area Manager himself/herself, and such reporting as is the responsibility of Lead and Junior/Site Technicians within the area) are submitted in a professional, complete and timely manner.
- Together with Project Manager, take joint lead on onboarding of new sites, including leading site due diligence and on-boarding visits, filling in reports and/or forms, and creating onboarding documentation (isolation schedules, etc.).
- Meet third parties (e.g. customers/TAs) onsite on an ad hoc basis, and liaise with such third parties via phone/ email if/ where so directed by the Technical Operations Manager or other seniors.
- Be aware of and support with spare parts/ inventory matters on the sites and ensure that spare parts stock records are always up to date (levels, serial numbers, etc.) and reported in a timely manner.
- With support of the O&M Coordinator Ensure that all members of their teams have the correct PPE, equipment, vehicles and training which is necessary to carry out all assigned duties.
- Support in the recruitment of new field staff in coordination with the Technical Operations Manager.
- Assist Project Managers and Procurement Manager with quoting for works.
- Supporting operational responsibility (supporting the Senior/Technical Operations Manager) for ensuring and improving profit margins on the field operations within the area.
- Carry out new joiner inductions, and be responsible for successful onboarding and coaching of new field staff within the area.
- Take part in the company's on-call rota for non-working hours (including bank holidays and weekend).
- Certifications / training required
- 18th Edition/NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Electrical installation
- HV Trained, and provide evidence via personal switching log book
- Previous experience working on utility scale solar farms in an O&M/project role
- Key inverter manufacturer trained, for example, SMA, ABB, Power Electronics
- IOSH Managing Safely
This role comes with a competitive salary & an excellent benefits package
For more information on this excellent opportunity within our clients growing team please contact the recruitment team or apply online
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.