Our Client are a leading Electronic Manufacturing business based in the North East of England . The company currently require a talented Application Scientist to join the business.
- Provides technical expertise particularly through demonstrations of product capabilities (hardware and software) but also via support and qualification of company products as well as supporting sales presentations and customer training.
- Assists customers with assessing potential applications of company products to meet process metrology needs.
- Will work with our customers from before the sale, through demonstration measurements, delivery and installation to expert user support for applications.
- Ensures that the product application/solution is functioning according to specifications including source inspection of the tools prior to shipment and following installation.
- Devises applications based on customer requirements to demonstrate feasibility of the application, often requiring rapid prototyping and/or product demo for client.
- Develops and disseminates Best Known Methods.
- Supports the core technology, engineering and production teams in qualification of new technologies, algorithms, methodologies, software and hardware features.
- Provides follow-up support to company sales staff and customer service personnel by disseminating technical information on specific applications.
- Provides direct customer support for Applications.
- Degree in physics or possibly material science, chemical engineering, chemistry or engineering (B.Sc. minimum, Masters or higher degree preferred).
- Experience of metrology and characterisation techniques (preferably hands-on data collection and results analysis).
- Experience in X-ray materials characterisation techniques is a distinct advantage .
- Good knowledge of materials engineering basics (basic crystallography, thermodynamics, kinetics, diffusion, etc.) is a distinct advantage.
- Experience with problem analysis and troubleshooting techniques.
- Experience of working in the semiconductor industry is an advantage.
- Experience in reconciling results of similar measurements by different techniques preferred.
- Good knowledge of statistics and data analysis.
- Strong team player as part of a multi-disciplinary team focused on achieving shared goals, but equally comfortable working independently when required.
- Strong orientation towards meeting customer expectations.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interface with internal and external customers and support groups within the business.
- Strong technical background - able to understand the problems that our customers are trying to solve, understand the customer's current and future metrology requirements, and recommend new metrology opportunities to the business.
- Strong customer-facing skills, in the creation and delivery of presentations of data and marketing materials and in obtaining customer feedback.
- Circa £40000 plus a comprehensive benefits package. 12 month position.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.