Temporary Cover - 22/11/21 - 21/02/22
£32.20 - £45.09 per hour - dependent on experience
Based in Daventry
This is an exciting opportunity in Daventry for a tenacious Accountant who is looking for the opportunity to develop a small team and oversee General Ledger operations as part of a larger Finance team.
Initial assignment duration: 3 months
This role is classed as hybrid, meaning that (possibly from January onwards) candidates will need to be on site 2 days a week and will be working from home 3 days a week.
Currently this role is still remote.
Candidates will be leading a team of 2 people.
3 must haves:
- Aware of accounting for revenue
- Aware of strong internal control background SOx control, appreciate that everything they do needs to meet those standards.
- Good understanding of fixed assets accounting
Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology.
We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Your impact will be seen in these and other ways:
- Streamlining accounting practices and procedures
- Oversee and guide two General Ledger Accountants
- Implement accounting policies in collaboration with the Accounting Manager - Implement processes and procedures that properly capture, track, and report revenue and expenditures
- Compile, review and analyze complex, financial information
- Review account reconciliations prepared by the team
- Identify control weaknesses and provide recommendations for remedial changes to tighten and enhance controls and mitigate risk
- Create and/ or improve accounting systems to ensure adequate recognition of financial transactions
- Coach and mentors General Ledger Accountants; assigns work according to availability, skills, and developmental needs
- Maintaining internal controls and ensuring SOx compliance for close the books, fixed assets and revenue cycles
Skills and Experience Preferred:
- Existing, professional experience as an Accountant in General Ledger is essential
- Experience or willingness to guide and develop a small team of part qualified accountants
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to work with and influence others
- Highly organized with the ability to effectively delegate work to a team
- Focused on meeting deadlines
Preferred Education, Licenses or Certifications
Preference goes to ACCA or CIMA qualified candidates
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.