1st Line Systems Engineer - Permanent - London, Surbiton - up to £25k - Native German Speaker
Our client is a Global IT Services Provider who focuses on supporting globally dispersed mid-market businesses, with multiple datacentre instances and geo-dispersed users.
They plan, deliver and manage global projects across four continents and over 130 countries. Blending cloud and localised infrastructure solutions with an extensive range of support services for every technology need.
As a 1st line Systems Engineer you will form part of a dynamic team of 1st, 2nd and 3rd line engineers based In London, delivering SLA-backed services remotely as part of their technical support offering. Due to continued growth, they are investing further in this global division. Reporting to the Service Desk Team Leader, this role requires a proactive, collaborative team member who is very strong technically and able to work European standard office hours, as per customer requirements.
- Logging and progressing services desk support tickets (incidents, service requests & changes) through our MSP systems.
- Provide remote 1st/2nd line technical IT
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software related incidents based on Microsoft systems.
- Resolve incidents within agreed first-time-fix parameters and escalate within the team where required, complying with contracted SLAs.
- Take ownership of incidents and manage through to resolution where possible.
- Attend to pro- and reactive monitoring alerts in order to ensure minimum disruption to customers.
- Meet client expectations in terms of quality of work and delivery to deadlines.
- Action customer enquiries effectively in a timely fashion as per prescribed SLA.
- Follow-up activities to resolution and to customer satisfaction.
- Produce information reports upon request.
- Build and maintain Viadex reputation & customer relationships.
- Native German & Fluent in English.
- Proficiency in any other additional European based language(s) will be advantageous.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Very strong technical understanding of current industry-leading technologies.
- Customer relations skills; ability to understand and comprehend customer concerns and requirements.
- A desire for continuous learning and career development.
- Ability to work in, and as part of a team.
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Drivers license and/or access to transport.
Required Skills & Experience
- Matric or equivalent secondary education.
- 2+ years experience in an IT Service Desk environment providing 1st/2nd line support.
- 2+ years experience supporting Microsoft Systems; Desktop, Server, Office, etc.
- 2+ years exposure to basic TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, SSL VPN troubleshooting.
- Exposure to HP & Dell hardware technologies.
- Exposure to and working with Exchange/365, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, etc.
- Exposure to and working with virtual environments (VMware/Hyper-V)
If this sounds like you, I'd love to hear from you. Click Apply!
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.