Job Title: 1st Line Network Support Engineer
Salary: £15.00 per hour
Duration: Temporary, Ongoing 6 months
Shifts: 4 on 4 off - combination of days/nights
Your new role
Our client is seeking a 1st Line Network Support Engineer to join a small team of highly skilled engineers based in Solihull to manage and support the new Juniper Core Network. (MCN) WAN estate.
Primary Daily duties will be the progression of Impact assessments; this will also include a mixture of general 1st line support, escalations/fault finding. The MCN is a high performance, high availability Juniper based network consisting of MX and SRX series devices.
You will be able to demonstrate that they have a good breadth of technical experience in the support and management of Juniper MX and SRX series devices and be qualified to JNCIA/CCNA.
- Technical understanding of JUNOS and the Juniper family of routers and switches and firewalls.
- Knowledge of Cisco family of routers and switches and firewalls.
- Demonstrable experience in undertaking Impact Assessments at all levels including, and up to, large and complex solutions
- Understanding of a variety of network and routing protocols.
- Ability to clearly articulate solutions to both internal and external customers.
- Experience in working within a technical Networking environment or NOC
- Exposure to Impact Assessment, Change process, networking knowledge, JNCIA/CCNA and familiarisation with VPN's/IPSEC.
- Provide day to day support to the Operations to deliver Impact Assessments in a timely manner received from the customer or external 3rd Parties
- Supporting 1st line Networks team as part of a shift rota.
- Provide input into reports, when required, to the customer and management.
This role will be subject to a security check which will involve a credit check and criminal records check. More information can be provided.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.